Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dororo (1969) - Episode 05

That guy  is definitely a Tezuka villain if I ever saw one....

Just as the first two episodes dealt with Hyakkimaru's origin story, in this episode we get some background on Dororo's parents, and the situation that led to him becoming an orphan.

This episode has been long delayed due to some minor technical problems. One thing we're hoping will speed things up (somewhat) is that from now on I will be releasing my own encodes of the episodes as they are finished (with the usual fonts that I use), and the folks at Hi no Tori Fansubs will be releasing a separate encode (with their fonts and including a splash page). Without getting into boring technical details, the differences in our encoding methods led to repeated situations where I would ask them to re-encode an episode several times if on-screen text appeared one frame too early or too late, and it's simply easier for me to fix tiny problems like that on my own.

I'm still very happy with the partnership between TSHS and Hi no Tori, and we even have some other possible joint projects in the works after Dororo is completed.

[Series now licensed by Anime Sols, links removed.]

10 comments:

  1. Can you change your upload site to filecloud.io from now on ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked into it, but the following (from their FAQ) is a deal breaker: "Files above 300MB uploaded by free users expire in 30 days after last download."

      Delete
  2. You absolutely just made my day with this! This is my second favorite anime that you subtitle, right behind Sabu and Ichi's Detective Tales. Hope to see more episodes in the future, thanks for the fansubs buddy. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Much appreciated for releasing episode 5! I actually finished reading the manga recently. I cannot wait to see more animated episodes of Dororo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very appreciated. I'm also glad to hear you're gonna keep going. All around a nice present for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I love anything World Masterpiece Theater and I especially love seeing this. So glad you have picked up this influential and important work from Tezuka. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUUUUCH! Keep subbing please!! <3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Nanto, I just made a donation. If I could make a request, I would love Dororo episodes to come out faster! Many thanks for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "Onin no Ran" is usually referred to in English-language sources as "the Onin War".

    ReplyDelete